- Honeywell Today Announces the UK Launch of evohome, Designed to Bring the Perfect Balance of Comfort, Control and Energy Saving,
- Featuring a New Way of Heating the Home Through the New Smart Zoning System, evohome Controls Every Room Individually to Reduce Heating Energy Bills.
- Upgrading Basic Timer and Thermostat Controls to evohome Smart Zoning Could Deliver as much as 40% Savings on Heating your home
- evohome Allows People to Control their Heating and Hot Water via an App on their Mobile Devices
UK – 24 Oct 2013 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON), the heating control specialist and one of the world’s leading thermostat and heating controls manufacturers, today announced evohome, a new intelligent heating system that controls heating room-by-room wirelessly – providing the right temperature, in the right place, at the right time.
evohome delivers greater efficiency by using Smart Zoning technology to transform how homes are heated by offering wireless individual room controls to suit every lifestyle – allowing busy homeowners to only heat the rooms they use, rather than the whole house all the time. Upgrading basic timer and a thermostat controls to evohome smart zoning can deliver up to 40% savings on heating your home.
With evohome, you can create up to 12 zones in your home that can be controlled individually for maximised comfort and energy. According to the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), up to 82 per cent of a typical energy bill is attributed to home heating and hot water – so whether you are working from home or out for the evening with friends, evohome provides an opportunity to save energy.
evohome features an easy-to-use mobile app that allows control of the home’s heating remotely, making it convenient to control your home heating wherever you are and whenever you need it. evohome can ensure your home is cosy and comfortable when you get back home without unnecessarily wasting energy and money whilst you’re out or away. Remote access control is available on both iOS and Android, whether on the go or on the sofa.
evohome also combines a raft of smart technology designed to enhance your comfort. From understanding when a window is left open and adapting your heating accordingly, to learning how a house heats up and cools down throughout the year, evohome is not just a thermostat but the “brains” of your home heating. Intuitive control functions mean settings can easily be overridden when needed, delaying the heating coming on when you arrive home late.
“In the same way you don’t only have one light switch for your entire house, we believe you shouldn’t control your heating with one single switch.” said Jeremy Peterson, GM of Honeywell’s EMEA Home Comfort & Energy Systems division. With the right heating controls in place you really can make your home your perfect comfort zone by setting different temperatures for different rooms, at different times.”
“We’ve done extensive testing proving the energy saving benefits of smart ‘zoning’ and having an accurate, real-time insight into home heating.” continued Peterson. “With more energy bill increases and erratic winter conditions on the way, we believe it can help UK households make real savings on energy bills. Alongside the extra control provided by the smartphone app, it adds up to a sensible home investment ahead of winter setting in, allowing our customers to find their true comfort zone.
evohome can be easily installed without disruption to your home décor by one of Honeywell’s accredited heating installers. It communicates wirelessly around the home and is guaranteed to fit most heating systems, including those with stored hot water.
In a range of colours, with a high contrast touch screen and modern design, evohome will be priced from £249 RRP and available for purchase in the UK in January 2014.
For more information on evohome and how to find a credited Honeywell installer visit http://evohome.honeywell.com.
- A beginner’s guide to connected homes: Tips to add tech to your house (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Honeywell WiFi Smart Thermostat with voice control hands-on (slashgear.com)
- Honeywell Introduces Home Thermostat with Voice Control (cedailynews.com)
- Honeywell Reveal New evohome Smartphone Controlled Zoned Heating System (automatedhome.co.uk)
- Honeywell Leads Smart Thermostat Leaderboard (cleantechnica.com)