One of the UK’s leading specialist metal roll-forming companies, EOS Facades, is expanding its section capability with a significant investment in new roll-forming machinery that has been specially commissioned and shipped halfway around the world to the manufacturing facility in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham.
Originating from New Zealand, this Howick machine along with four others already owned by EOS Facades currently roll sections ranging from 65mm, 100mm and 150mm deep in a range of gauges from 1mm, 1.2mm and 1.6mm thick.
Current outlets for the multi-award winning EOS Facade sections include SFS infill walling and cladding markets plus the interior fit-out market. The introduction of the new machinery will significantly complement the range of sections available and this will expand EOS’ target market with a particular focus on the opportunity to supply the volumetric modular building industry with sections now ranging from 150mm deep to 250mm deep and in gauge thicknesses ranging from 1.2mm to 2mm.
Sections provided by EOS Facades can be supplied in ‘loose’ bundles to make up in situ installation or as fully made up infill wallings produced offsite as pre-fabricated cassettes or lattice beams for both roofing and flooring applications. The prefabricated elements can also be fitted with insulation, lining boards and decking boards or even assembled in to volumetric modular space frames.
The flexibility of the EOS Facades approach means that the company now has the ‘full gamut’ of sections to suit the requirements of the offsite manufacturing industry – from panelised washrooms and bathroom pods to full volumetric module structures. The degree of value-added componentry to the sections/frames is completely customised to suit client requirements.
Design detailing is supported by a team of CAD engineers who will optimise section sizes for the required application and ensure that maximum value-engineering is obtained. This is a key part of the customer-focused service that EOS Facades offer.
Steve Thompson, Managing Director of EOS Facades comments, “The introduction of the new machinery completes the section range that we have been aspiring to offer for some time now. Being able to offer a complete range of section and gauge sizes now ensures that we have become a ‘one stop shop’ for metal sections within the offsite manufacturing sector.”
All of the section range offered by EOS Facades provide the unique swaging technology and dimpling characteristics that come as standard with Howick machines. This means that panels and cassettes that require boarding are presented with completely flush faces, negating the requirement for packers and shims. It also means that tight tolerances can be provided as the stud and track sections effectively self-align, thereby ensuring that dimensional parameters are achieved without the need for complex jigging or clamping.
Thompson comments, “As we see a groundswell of activity within the offsite manufacturing arena again there has been no better time for us to make our investment in new machinery. We have analysed the needs of the downstream offsite suppliers and now feel that we have the perfect range of section and service offerings to meet their exacting requirements.”
To support the specification of light gauge steel sections EOS Facades have launched a series of CPD Factory Tours for 2016 at their state of the art facility in County Durham.
These morning and afternoon tours are FREE to attend and will be taking place on:
· 02 June – 09.00am-12.00pm and 13.00-16.00pm
· 29 September – 09.00am-12.00pm and 13.00-16.00pm
The tours, run by our technical team will cover the following topics:
· Cold Formed Section technology
· SFS Infill Systems, stud & track, offsite pre-assembled panels/cassettes
· Non-loadbearing & loadbearing solutions
· Lattice joists & floor cassettes
· Design & value engineering
· Examples of best practice technology applications
EOS Facades have worked on projects across all construction sectors, including education, healthcare, leisure, commercial and residential. Their portfolio of successfully completed projects and track record stretches back 10 years, so clients will benefit from a wealth of experience and expertise.
The EOS Facades product range includes:
- Facade (Panels) – an innovative panel system which is fully engineered and assembled offsite in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. The fully engineered framed solution is designed to accommodate the fixing of any type of facade panelling or curtain walling system.
- Facade (Stud & Track) – bespoke system, custom-manufactured to exacting requirements to meet our client’s needs. Suitable for all types of infill panels into primary framed hot rolled Steel and In-situ concrete framed buildings.
- Flooring System – flooring systems range from lattice beam solutions to fully panellised flooring systems. Suitable for all types of load bearing floors from intermediate separating floors to bespoke mezzanine flooring solutions.
- Roofing System – extensive roofing range from truss and flat-to-pitch roofing systems to providing ground-breaking ‘room-in-the-roof’ solutions.
High Bay Walling – Can be used internally to provide single span stud walls up to 10m in a variety of sizes up to 250mm deep stud and track capability in gauges from 1.2 to 2mm thick allowing us to tailor sections to meet exact project requirements.
Continuous Walling – used predominantly to maximise the internal floor area or in instances where cladding cannot incorporate horizontal deflection joints at each floor level.